Dear Writer’s Tea Participant,
We are excited that you are interested in joining us on Saturday, April 27th to share an excerpt of your published works with us and the community! We are looking forward to celebrating your success as an author and introducing you to greater Fuquay-Varina population at our event.
This event, because of the way it is structured, is limited to 15 authors and 5 poets. To the end, the planning committee will be using the following criteria to select those 20 participants:
Written work must have an ISBN#
Written work can be any genre (including notification)
Excerpts must be family-friendly.
Excerpts must be approved by the planning committee prior to the event.
Works will be chosen that reflect the CASF-V’s focus on diversity in the Fuquay-Varina Community.
If you would like to submit your book of poems for consideration, please fill out the vendor form. In addition to registering to be a writer at the Writer’s Tea, you must send the excerpt(s) you wish to share at the event to the Writer’s Tea Planning Committee Chairperson Barbara Hood at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your excerpt must be received BEFORE April 3rd for consideration.
As you prepare for your participation at the event, please keep the following things in mind:
Authors will share excerpts in groups of three (3) for one full hour. Each author will have up to 15 minutes to share your excerpt with attendees and 5 minutes to answer questions.
Following each one-hour segment, authors will move to the book-selling table(s) to sign and sell books.
Authors will have 20 minutes to sign and sell books before the next authors’ session. After this 20 minutes, authors will have to move to the lobby to continue to sell/sign books.
You must arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your assigned time to allow for author transitions.
Your entire time commitment is about 90 minutes.
This is a wonderful networking opportunity to meet other authors in our community. Bring business cards.
There is no registration fee to participate in the Writer’s Tea, but all authors will donate 10% of all book sales to the Cultural Arts Society of Fuquay-Varina to help defray the expenses of this event.
Additional Important Information
The Writers Guild (Books)/ Tea Vendor Shall:
1. Present all materials to be read or spoken to the designated committee prior to public readings.
2. Keep readings and spoken words within a time frame of not more than 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Agree to pay the CASF-V a fee of 10% of books sold. Understand that s/he is responsible for the collection of all sales tax.
4. Understand that CASF-V will provide paper goods, condiments, tea, one (1) table, two (2) chairs, and other needed items where indicated if possible. The vendor will supply all other needed items.
5. Understand that if for any cause it becomes impossible, including inclement weather, to have the event, understand this agreement is terminated and any and all damages will be waived.
6. Understand that CASF-V, town of Fuquay-Varina or other entity is not responsible for damages arising out of an injury or loss, including my employees or goods, from any cause whatsoever, while operating under this agreement.
7. Understand that CASF-V will provide no insurance for the vendor. Recommends that the vendor purchase his/her own coverage.
8. Submit a completed publicity information sheet and a photograph of self and work. (Photos can be e-mailed to email@example.com). Agree to permit photographs of their work to be used for the purposes of promoting and advertising the event. All submissions remain the property of CASF-V.
9. Confirm that work is original by you or an associate. Space assigned under this agreement is for the vendor who signs the contract and may not be sub-leased to other people for display or other purposes.
10. Adhere to setup start time of 8:00 a.m. and must be completed by 9:45 a.m. No shows will forfeit space.
11. Clean up is from close of event until one (1) hour later.
12. Understand that CASF-V shall determine the eligibility of all products and services, and therefore, reserves the right to deny sale of items that have not been listed on the application. CASF-V’s decision shall be final and and binding. No music or loud sounds are permitted without prior approval.
13. Agree to maintain dignity and integrity of the Festival and will not perform any acts of a harmful nature. Understand that CASF-V reserves the right to ask any vendor or its employees to leave the festival who are not acting in the best interest of the festival. Vendors will adhere to the space assigned and be a good neighbor.
14. Keep exhibit open and staffed during all event hours and keep interior signs to 8 ft. or less.
15. Understand that smoking, burning of candles, incense or other materials is prohibited. Any smoking outside must be 25 feet away from any doorway or ventilation unit.
16. Abide by all regulations governing usage of the premises. Displays or exhibitors space must be free standing.
17. Shall agree to abide by all applicable laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to health, fire prevention, public safety, business licenses, sales tax permits and applicable liability insurance.
18. Understand that CASF-V is not liable for personal injury, or for lost or stolen goods. Insurance is the vendor’s responsibility, and is recommended. Vendors are liable for any damage caused to property. Vendor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the sponsor and its agents from any claims, cause of action, and suits resulting from any damage, injury, or loss to any persons connected to the exercise of vendor privileges granted.
19. Understand that CASF-V has the option to cancel the event up to 30 days prior to its effective date and will return space fees to the vendors.